JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: Ogoja, Cross River State with frequent travels to Taraba State
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Associate Director, Special Projects
- Lead field activities for rolling out COVID-19 response for Cameroon refugees and vulnerable populations in Cross River and Taraba State.
- Liaise with NPHCDA, NCDC, FMOH, UNHCR, Cross River State Ministry of Health, Taraba State Ministry of Health, SPHCDA and other stakeholders to design the implementation plan for the project.
- Liaise with NPHCDA, NCDC, FMOH, UNHCR, Cross River State Ministry of Health, Taraba State Ministry of Health, SPHCDA and other stakeholders to adapt guidelines on Infection prevention and control, COVID-19 case management, critical care and vaccine roll out to the Cameroon refugee situation in Cross River and Taraba States
- Conduct trainings on infection prevention and control, case management and critical care for health workers
- Conduct trainings on public health emergencies for LGA and state level health decision makers in Cross River and Taraba State states
- Design and implement risk communication and community engagement strategies for Cameroon refugees and host communities in Cross River and Taraba States
- Establish LGA level Public Health Emergency Operations Centers
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and border communities to set up community based point-of-entry surveillance
Expertise and Complexity:
- Must have demonstrable experience working with National level stakeholders such as NCDC, NPHCDA, FMOH, Global Fund CCM on core pillars of the COVID-19 response
- Must have strong experience in designing and implementing the continuum of care for COVID-19
- Must have good knowledge on how to adapt existing health services to COVID-19 situation
- Must have good knowledge of health management information systems used in Nigeria (SORMAS, DHIS 2)
- Must have experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable capacity to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions
- Must have strong understanding of the health systems in Cross River and Taraba State
- Have demonstrable capacity to initiate and maintain engagement with donors
- Have demonstrable familiarity with program management
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Interact with colleagues both in the HQ, Country and regional offices, Communicate with regional stakeholders and other public officials clearly and politely.
- Communicate and provide information to the team, FHI Headquarters and occasional external contacts with tact and accuracy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS / MA in Social Science, Public Health, Statistics or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS / BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public sector and NGO.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English Language.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||project manager|