Project / Grant Accountant is needed at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
JOB TITLE: Project / Grant Accountant
Job ID: 2000008X
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Employee Status: Entry Level
Job Level: Day Job
CRS Nigeria has been awarded the Borno and Adamawa Women Poultry Project by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – Nigeria. This program seeks to develop and implement interventions that will sustainably increase women participation and production of poultry in Borno and Adamawa states by addressing challenges to poultry production and contribute to creation of livestock employment opportunities to improve participants’ living conditions. The specific purpose is to enable 7,000 vulnearble families- particularly female-headed households increase their income by producing and selling poultry and poulty products. This effort will contribute to CRS’ agriculture and livelihoods signature program area and ongoing efforts to promote resilience, recovery and development within Nigeria and neighboring countries around the Lake Chad Basin. Additional project details are contained in the table below:
- The Project Accountant is overall in charge of financial and grant management of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – Nigeria-funded Borno and Adamawa Women Poultry Project in the areas of agriculture- poultry based livelihoods and food security.
- The Project Accountant will ensure that the project project complies with GIZ regulations and CRS Agency’s Finance Policies and Procedures especially focusing on the principle of stewardship.
- Assist Project Managers in Budget Review and Quarterly Cash Forecasting
- Report Contract-Agreement commitments to be recorded in CRS accounting system.
- Review and process the issuance of project advances in accordance with CRS and GIZ Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Project Holder advances are liquidated on timely manner and they are within allotted liquidation timeframe as per CRS policy.
- Assist in the Preparation of Detailed Project Budget vs. Actual Comparison Report, including Sub-Recipients Expenditures for Program and Management Review on moyears monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparations of Donor Financial Reports timely, accurately and in accordance with terms and conditions outlined in the grant agreement.
Background, Experience & Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field plus a qualification in accounting (ICSA/ACCA or equivalent);
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial management for development/humanitarian projects;
- Extensive financial and grant management experience working with non-governmental organization sub-recipients and other sub-grantees
- Familiarity with German Government (GIZ, BMZ, GFFO) financial regulations, policies and practices; OR experience working at a senior level on a DFID/EU/ECHO-funded grant;
- Knowledge of Sun Systems financial accounting package or similar financial management and reporting software;
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English; and Hausa
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Travel Required 40% to field locations in Borno and Adamawa
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||22nd May, 2020.|