JOB TITLE: Project Officer (DTM/TTT) (COMITAS)
JOB LOCATION: Yola, Adamawa
- In the framework of the project “Contributing to the mitigation of conflict over natural resources between farmer and herder communities in Adamawa state, Nigeria (COMITAS)”, assist in establishing the DTM Transhumance Tracking Tool in Nigeria, with the purpose of identifying early warning signals of potential farmers-herders conflicts and analyse transhumance trends.
- Within the scope of the TTT, contribute to the development/adaptation of methodologies and standardized tools (e.g. survey database design, population movement tracking systems, etc.) that fit the context and meet the information needs of the COMITAS partners (IOM, SFCG, Mercy Corps), the government, and other stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Politics, Economics or Social Science, International Law, Humanitarian Affairs or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in both developing and implementing data collection activities in all stages (objectives, sampling, methodology, forms, training, data set-up, data cleaning, collaboration with partners, analysis, reporting);
- Experience in the field of community stabilization and peacebuilding activities;
- Experience at the international level with specialized international agencies (UN agencies, international organizations, and international specialized NGOs) and in ongoing conflict setting;
- Experience working in the region and specifically in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Knowledge of UN, IOM, international organizations’ and NGOs mandates and programmes in the area of transition and recovery, emergency and conflict affected populations;
Deadline: April 13, 2021
|Job Category||Project Management|