JOB TITLE: Project Officer – JISRA Project
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Summary of Position
- The Project Officer’s expected outputs are geared towards supporting the delivery of outputs and outcomes of the program as a whole.
- S/he will support the project closely with the project coordinator and other partners in the production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and biannual reports for the project.
- S/he will provide logistics support for the organization and running of workshops as necessary.
About the Project
- JISRA is an interfaith consortium, including Catholic, Islamic, protestant, interreligious and secular organizations for the promotion of religion or belief (FoRB).
- The project will partner with religious actors as agents of change within the broader civic space while acknowledging religious actors’ important role in promoting FoRB
- The project’s goal is to strengthen the voice of religious actors in civil society and in nurturing civic spaces while leveraging religious actors’ role in advocacy and FoRB.
- S/he will develop the project implementation plan and ensure that the activities are executed as planned and within the timeframe and are of the highest quality; coordinate with the project participants and ensure the logistics of all the events go smoothly; and prepare monthly progress and quarterly reports.
- Besides, s/he will also provide support to some of SFCG’s projects and programs, as and when necessary and appropriate.
- S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, providing oversight to this project. The position will be based in Abuja.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and arrange all logistics for various meetings, and workshops, including invitations, venue, participants travel and accommodation;
- In collaboration with the project coordinator, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan, which identifies sequences of activities needed to successfully implement the project and ensure project objectives are met;
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll-out of detailed implementation plans in communities and LGAs;
- Review the project schedule with the Project Coordinator and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required;
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented;
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
Program Monitoring & Evaluation
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
Documentation and Reporting:
- Produce activity and monthly reports
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Arts, Development Studies or related field;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in project cycle management, coordinating project activities, outreach, and/or advocacy;
- Experience working with CSOs, partners and faith-based groups will be an added advantage;
Other Relevant Requirements:
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace; and
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Familiar with the Common Ground Approach
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
|Job Category||Project Management|