Job Title: Project Volunteer, USAID – STW (Borno)
- WaterAid volunteering is intended to be a learning and development opportunity for young professionals to gain exposure and build skills through work in an international development organisation and potentially, form a crop of professionals with experience relevant to the international development or other professional sectors.
- The volunteer will undertake receptionist and other administrative support functions at the state office in Maiduguri.
- The post holder will be expected to be able to maintain the office facilities and also provide accurate information to visitors and staff.
- The post holder will serve as the custodian of petty cash and be responsible for day-to-day operation of the petty cash box in line with constituted authority approval, this includes payment, reconciliation, record keeping/documentation, security, compliance review and retirement.
- The volunteer with also be responsible for other finance related functions.
Front Desk Service:
- Attend to all visitors in a polite, professional, and courteous manner.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages, demonstrate courteous, positive and a helpful attitude in all interactions, including telephone conversations. Take complete messages in a professional and legible manner.
- Apply appropriate discretion in managing information and documents of a sensitive nature; keeping hard copy documents received out of public view and not leaving them on the front desk, counters or unattended.
General Administrative Duties:
- Perform basic office support and document processing services such as typing, photocopying, scanning, spiral binding, and drafting correspondences as requested.
- Act as custodian of the stationery and office supplies storage.
- Support achievement of efficient office services; Take responsibility for basic maintenance of office facilities and escalating complaints as necessary to colleagues.
- Provide logistics support for State workshop and meetings.
- Receive letters, mails and parcels and distribute them in a timely manner to recipients and processing outgoing dispatch.
Management of Office Equipment/ Office Supplies:
- Regularly check the appropriate functioning of office equipment, (intercoms, photocopiers etc.) make recommendations for repair or renewal and supervise maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure stock levels of store are adequate, accurately analyze monthly stock to state’s budgets and ensure reconciliation of store data with finance record. Also ensure the security of the store.
- Attend to staff requisitions for toiletries and other items such as tea items, papers, etc.
- Arrange prompt repairs of damaged chairs, desk and other office furniture and fixtures; Liaise with Borno State Programme Lead to purchase replacements when necessary.
- Maintain up to date records of all petty cash transaction on petty cash excel template. Ensure that all petty cash support documents are complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper documentation, retirement and filling of all financial documents and ensure that petty cash is kept safe, secured, and locked in petty cash box always.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly petty cash count and reconciliation. Ensure proper documentation of petty cash reconciliation and petty cash counts including surprise cash counts.
- Track petty cash disbursement for timely retirement/submission of receipts.
- Assist the state program team in the raising partner and activity fund request. Ensure timely petty cash replenishment request and retirement.
- Ensure all cash transaction follow Water Aid policy, donor and statutory requirement as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Carry out other finance related task that may be assigned by the Finance team in Abuja and the Borno State program team.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and other job-related information.
- Possession of a minimum of National Diploma. Significant years of professional experience in similar role may substitute for educational qualification
- Minimum of one year work experience in a similar role in a formal /structured work setting.
- Pleasant and good-natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office.
- Excellent nonverbal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation
- High sense of responsibility/ Reliable
- Ability to manage information with discretion and confidentiality
- Common sense
- Good telephone etiquette
- University Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, Humanities,
- Experience in office management and maintenance and handling petty cash.
Our People Promise:
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal.
- We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
- In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community.
- You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
Deadline: September 15, 2021
|Job Category||Project Management|