Job Title: Project Volunteer – USAID- STW (Yobe)
- The WaterAid Nigeria’s Programme Directorate is responsible for engaging with multiple stakeholders in the programmatic value chain to ensure delivery of quality programmes in line with the CP strategy and quality programme standards.
- With the state as the focus of our work to maximize impact, the position of the volunteer is to provide support to the state programme office to enable the achievement of increased access to WASH services in the state.
- WaterAid volunteering is intended to be a learning and development opportunity for young professionals to gain exposure and build skills through work in an international development organisation and potentially, form a crop of professionals with experience relevant to the international development or other professional sectors.
- The volunteer will undertake receptionist and other administrative support functions at the state office in Yola.
- The post holder will be expected to be able to maintain the office facilities and also provide accurate information to visitors and staff.
- The post holder will serve as the custodian of petty cash and be responsible for day-to-day operation of the petty cash box in line with constituted authority approval, this includes payment, reconciliation, record keeping/documentation, security, compliance review and retirement.
- The volunteer with also be responsible for other finance related functions.
Front Desk Service:
- Attend to all visitors in a polite, professional, and courteous manner.
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages, demonstrate courteous, positive and a helpful attitude in all interactions, including telephone conversations. Take complete messages in a professional and legible manner.
- Apply appropriate discretion in managing information and documents of a sensitive nature; keeping hard copy documents received out of public view and not leaving them on the front desk, counters or unattended.
General Administrative Duties:
- Perform basic office support and document processing services such as typing, photocopying, scanning, spiral binding, and drafting correspondences as requested.
- Act as custodian of the stationery and office supplies storage.
- Support achievement of efficient office services; Take responsibility for basic maintenance of office facilities and escalating complaints as necessary to colleagues.
- Provide logistics support for State workshop and meetings.
- Receive letters, mails and parcels and distribute them in a timely manner to recipients and processing outgoing dispatch.
Management of Office Equipment / Office Supplies:
- Regularly check the appropriate functioning of office equipment, (intercoms, photocopiers etc.) make recommendations for repair or renewal and supervise maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure stock levels of store are adequate, accurately analyze monthly stock to state’s budgets and ensure reconciliation of store data with finance record. Also ensure the security of the store.
- Attend to staff requisitions for toiletries and other items such as tea items, papers, etc.
- Arrange prompt repairs of damaged chairs, desk and other office furniture and fixtures; Liaise with Yobe State Programme Lead to purchase replacements when necessary.
- Maintain up to date records of all petty cash transaction on petty cash excel template. Ensure that all petty cash support documents are complete and accurate.
- Maintain proper documentation, retirement and filling of all financial documents and ensure that petty cash is kept safe, secured, and locked in petty cash box always.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly petty cash count and reconciliation. Ensure proper documentation of petty cash reconciliation and petty cash counts including surprise cash counts.
- Track petty cash disbursement for timely retirement/submission of receipts.
- Assist the state program team in the raising partner and activity fund request. Ensure timely petty cash replenishment request and retirement.
- Ensure all cash transaction follow Water Aid policy, donor and statutory requirement as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Carry out other finance related task that may be assigned by the Finance team in Abuja and the Yobe State program team.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and other job-related information.
- Possession of a minimum of national diploma. Significant years of professional experience in similar role may substitute for educational qualification.
- Minimum of one year work experience in a similar role in a formal /structured work setting.
- Pleasant and good-natured disposition with a ‘can do’ attitude /willingness to assist around the office.
- Excellent nonverbal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills and ability to manage conflict/difficult situation
- High sense of responsibility/ Reliable.
- Ability to manage information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Common sense.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- University Degree in Accounting, Social Sciences, humanities,
- Experience in office management and maintenance and handling petty cash.
Our People Promise:
- We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision, and a commitment to playing their part in changing normal. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges. In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best.
Deadline: September 15, 2021
|Job Category||Project Management|