Leapsail is recruiting candidates for a Proposal Writer.
JOB TITLE: Proposal Writer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Develop high quality proposal content for technical (data center consolidation, application development and mobile computing, cyber security, cloud computing, business process management, and enterprise infrastructure management), management and past performance response sections.
- The individual must clearly convey information in accordance with corresponded annotated mock ups that result in compliant, credible and persuasive proposals.
- The Proposal Technical Writer must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with personnel (through interviews and discussion) at all levels of the organization.
- Able to understand complex IT solutions to the extent necessary to interview/write or collaborate to develop the written response
- Assists SMEs (Subject Matter Expert(s)) by suggesting and/or developing graphics (charts, process flows, screenshots, etc.) that convey the theme or solution being proposed
- Writes original text for corporate experience, past performances, standard business practices (project management/staffing/quality/transition plans), and resumes in response to RFPs/RFQs deadlines
- Interviews proposed personnel, project managers, and other corporate staff to elicit the data required to generate proposal content
- Finds, analyzes, and synthesizes written content from proposal libraries; revises and repurposes it for new efforts, ensuring the content is tailored to meet the solicitation requirements
- Follows established proposal development policies and procedures
- Manages repository and other proposal libraries as required in the SharePoint library
- Participates in technical solutions/theming sessions and proposal color reviews, as necessary
- Performs technical rewrite/edits on proposals, as necessary
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions, readiness reviews, kickoff meetings, and daily standups
- Clearly communicates all assignments, conducts appropriate follow ups
- Supports Business Development (BD) team members and BD leaders throughout firm with specific data requests
- Assists with market research to support strategic planning and capture activities in the Federal IT market.
- Monitors public databases, Government Agency websites, and Government Agency procurement forecasts
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by Director of Proposal Management and/or Sr. Vice President of Business Development
- Maintain version control on all documentation, follow document development life cycle, and ensure documentation is current at all times
- Other duties assigned by supervisor/manager
- 2+ years of proposal experience within technology sales.
- 3+ years of proposal experience within a software sales environment
- BS / BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling abilities; technical writing skills preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Willingness to engage with senior technical and upper management to obtain necessary information
- Self-starter, multitasker, team player, works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks
- Willingness to handle multiple deadlines simultaneously and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to travel as needed.