JOB TITLE: Public Health Information System Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Public Health Information System Advisor to support Health Informatics activities. The successful candidate will supervise the management and development of the National Data Repository (NDR), and any other related HIS platform as directed by the funders.
- S/He will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up of priority health information systems at all levels of the health system.
- S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC and other stakeholders to build capacity in health informatics.
- The Public Health Information System Advisor will supervise the management, enhancement, and development of the National Data Repository (NDR).
- He/she will manage the optimisation of the current thematic areas (Treatment, HTS, and PMTCT) and the onboarding of the new thematic area (TB/HIV, TB/DOTS, etc.) as directed by the funders. The Public Health Information System Advisor reports directly to the Health Informatics lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistant to ensure the implementation, adaptation, and improvement of national interoperable electronic HIS platforms, to capture, store and transmit patient-level or service-based data
- Lead development and enhancement of data use and data visualisation on the assigned HIS platform.
- Build technical capacity of MOH staff to manage and upgrade the assigned national HIS platforms.
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures and documents for software management for the organisation
- Coordinate unit activities and maintain software architecture standards.
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and launching of HIS Solutions by the organisation
- Collaborate with the government and other stakeholders by attending TWG meetings and implementing the government’s activities.
- Support the setting up of a pool of HI specialists in the relevant GON Ministries.
- Ensure all unit activities are documented appropriately and made available to the relevant stakeholders.
- Attend designated meetings and make technical presentations in relation to cross-cutting issues at different levels (Team lead meetings, general staff meetings) and with external stakeholders (GON, meetings with Implementing Partners meetings).
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc in IT, Computing, Computer Engineering and any other relevant areas. A Master’s Degree is also desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in health informatics.
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modelling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, data export capabilities, and API desired.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Deadline: September 22, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|