JOB TITLE: Public Relations Lead
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- The Public Relations Lead will proactively own and drive the development and implementation of our PR strategy to ensure there is positive awareness and perception of our brand.
- Your day to day responsibilities will include formulating and executing strategies, managing our agency partners, building and maintaining press and industry relationships, and running with title and project publicity campaigns.
- The goal is to ensure that our position on a wide number of topics is clearly communicated to the various stakeholders, such as policy makers, investors and the general public.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand our value proposition, customer and our brand deeply and use that knowledge to build a relevant, creative, on-brand PR strategy to authentically engage with them to drive brand awareness, consideration and/or conversion.
- Create truly engaging and interesting story angles that are effective in receiving media pick up as well as on-brand and consistent with our company positioning.
- Build and maintain a strong network of external PR partners & agencies to execute effectively on your strategy, including commercial negotiations etc.
- Data-oriented, with understanding and ownership of content KPIs. Able to build PR stories based on our own data for consumer behaviour, as well as conduct research to enrich our stories.
- Proactively engage and cultivate relations with media, industry, and other relevant stakeholders to promote our corporate image
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with the leadership team to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Strategize, manage and implement strategic public relations plan
- Prepare press releases, media kits, speeches for company leaders, publicity materials, and promotional videos
- Manage external/foreign agencies
- Strategize, organize and plan events such as press conferences and events
- Take charge of the budgeting and evaluation for all PR related activities.
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of Nigeria media, with particular experience of mass market outlets
- Strong record of achievement of results in PR and relevant media work.
- Highly professional communications skills including ability to write to a journalistic standard.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of social media trends to ensure PR works across all platforms
- A track record of working effectively with others using excellent negotiation and influencing skills to develop good working relationships.
- The ability to play a leading role in external relations, building relations with senior journalists, editors and public relations professionals and representing us with the media.
What You’ll Need
- ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or similar field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in PR or similar field.
- Prior regional PR experience would be ad added advantage.
- A naturally inquisitive mind to question and adapt to the dynamic tech start-up or a fast paced innovative environment.
- Initiative to go beyond the call of duty and to deliver the best outcomes.
- Impeccable communication skills – you have an effortless command over your languages.
- Superb writing skills and demonstrated success in writing press releases.
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities.
- You get to collaborate with and learn from smart and creative people.
|Job Category||Government Agencies / Public Sector|