JOB TITLE: Purchase Officer
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files.
Implementation of Purchasing Process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager;
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International;
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality;
- Ensure that the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations;
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers;
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarités International and its donors;
- Monitor and update IOFs electronically;
- Ensure that the format and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations.
Reporting / Capitalization:
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers;
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform purchase officers of the status of their orders.
- Studies: Diploma in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management;
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO;
- Languages: English and Local Languages;
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advance MS Office Excel knowledge;
- Qualification: Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational and negotiation skills, Flexibility to meet deadline, Hard worker.
What We Offer
Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
- Select Purchase Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: August 11, 2021
|Job Category||Procurement/ Purchasing|