Quantity Surveyor needed at Dutum Company Limited.
JOB TITLE: Quantity Surveyor
JOB LOCATION: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full Time
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Allocate work to subcontractors.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
- B.Sc in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ site experience in diverse Civil Engineering projects
- Professional certification such as Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS), Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (QSRBN) and other Professional bodies will be an added advantage
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets and financial reports
- Excellent relationship-building, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Deadline: October 14, 2020
|Job Category||Real Estate / Property / Surveying|