We are looking for a Regional Director in Lagos who will Be accountable to Ford Foundation senior leadership and their board of trustees for implementation of the West Africa office strategy
JOB TITLE: Regional Director
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Director will:
- Be accountable to Ford Foundation senior leadership and through them to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees for implementation of the West Africa office strategy, and in communicating progress to them.
- Assess local political, social, cultural and economic developments and help shape the Foundation’s strategy in the region and guide its programming and grant-making priorities in alignment with the Foundation’s mission and values and the goals of the International GREJ and NRCC programs.
- Provide intellectual leadership inside and outside the Foundation.
- Represent the Foundation externally; and, initiate/foster strategic partnerships –collaborating broadly with international scholars and practitioners, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and other donors on issues of common program concern.
- Lead/conduct annual reviews of strategy and propose changes to ensure greatest impact
- Oversee and manage, mentor and coach a small team of professional, administrative and support staff including directing development of grantmaking plans by Program Officers; establishing annual performance delivery goals for the team and direct reports; and planning and implementing talent management strategies.
- Prepare and manage the West Africa office annual grant and administrative budget.
- Incorporate a rights-based and gender focus in the work and advance initiatives focused on youth and people with disabilities.
- Establish learning goals for the West Africa team, including working with Ford strategy and learning colleagues to build a monitoring framework to assess impact and synthesize learning.
- Communicate with the team, senior Foundation leadership and external partners clearly and consistently in a transparent, timely and respectful manner, and enabling them to be strategic and achieve impact.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A graduate level degree in a relevant field of study or BA and equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience leading strategies, people and teams
- Ability to travel extensively on behalf of the Foundation
- Creativity, energy and non-traditional thinking capacity
- Written and oral fluency in English.
Salary: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|