JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse and Midwife
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining and monitoring pregnant women
- Assessing care requirements and writing care plans
- Undertaking antenatal care in hospitals, homes, and GP practices
- Carrying out screening tests
- Providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Caring for and assisting women in labour
- Monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
- Monitoring the foetus during labour
- Advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies
- Helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death
- Writing records
- Tutoring student midwives
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting health education
- Managing a department
- Leading a medical team
- Teaching and supervising trainee doctors
- Solutions to help keep the organization safe
- Must have both Nursing and Midwife qualifications.
- He/she must have a current practicing license.
- Applicant must live in Abuja or be willing to relocate.
- Applicant must have at least 2 years of practicing experience as a Nurse and Midwife (Single Qualification wouldn’t be shortlisted)
- Applicant must have his/her current practicing license.
- Applicant must have both Nurse and Midwifery qualifications.
- Single qualifications will not be shortlisted.
- All practitioners must have at least 2 years of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged situations
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong observational skills
- An interest in the process of pregnancy and birth
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Caring and patient
- Must be efficient and organized
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
|Job Category||Nursing/Health Care Work/Frontline, Registered Midwife|