Job Title: Registrar
- The post of Registrar at Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe-Oghara, Delta State became vacant on 6th September, 2021.
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
- He takes charge of the Registry and functions as Secretary to Governing Council and all of its Committees.
- He functions as Secretary to the Academic Board and keeps statutory and other relevant records of the Institution.
- He interprets and applies rules and regulations of the Polytechnic amongst other functions.
- The Candidate must possess a good Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) preferably in Arts, Social Sciences or Humanities plus at least 18 years’ post qualification cognate experience or Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline plus at least 16 years’ post qualification cognate experience or a relevant Doctorate Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 15 years’ post qualification cognate experience respectively.
The Candidate must be a member of a relevant and recognized professional body. In addition, the Candidate must be:
- A person of proven integrity.
- Intellectually and professionally sound in the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- Must have worked in recognized tertiary Institution(s) and attained the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Vast in public service rules and regulations and is expected to give sound professional advice to the Chief Executive.
- Able to give professional leadership as well as provide on the job proficiency training to the Registry Staff.
- Show evidence of Community Service.
- The Candidate must have 18 years cognate experience, five of which must be in a tertiary Institution.
- The Applicants who are above 55 years at the point of advertisement NEED NOT APPLY.
- The successful candidate shortlisted should be 55 years or below at the Time of Assumption of duty.
- Applicants must show evidence of Computer literacy and demonstrable ability to use MS-Word and other packages in the discharge of his duty to ensure effective service delivery in the 21st Century.
- The Applicant must enjoy good health and should be able to cope with the rigours of the office of the Registrar.
Duration of Appointment
- The appointment shall be for a single term of 5 years only.
- The salary is consolidated and as approved by the Delta State Government.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should forward 20 copies of their Application Letters accompanied with twenty (20) copies of their CV containing the following information:
- Full name with surname last
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Local Government Area of Origin
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Address
- E-mail address and GSM number(s).
- Educational institution attended with dates including qualifications obtained
- Membership/Fellow of recognized professional body (ies)
- Present employer, post and salary (Attach Pay Slip)
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements/contributions including awards (if any)
- Community Service
- Attach two recent passports
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be professionally competent to assess the Applicant.
All applications should be sent in sealed envelopes with the inscription “Post of Registrar” at the left hand corner and addressed to:
The Acting Registrar,
Delta State Polytechnic,
Delta State, Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted Candidates shall be acknowledged and invited for interview
- Applicants should request their referees to forward their confidential reports directly to the Acting Registrar with the inscription “Post of Registrar” at the left hand corner of the envelope.
Deadline: October 29, 2021