JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Field Operations
Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team in our Borno office. This person will lead the successful coordination and implementation of execution of the Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery (RESILAC) Project for the Lake Chad, which include activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and the project partners.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Monitor the implementation of the project, ensuring the project is within the intended scope, timeframe and funds.
- Provide support to the state and national level operation committees and ensure that stakeholders are engaged;
- Monitor the integration and cooperation of all technical pillars in the overall implementation strategy at the national level;
- Plan and monitor the implementation of RESILAC‘s activities in Nigeria, its evaluation and its internal and external accountability;
- In collaboration with the regional office, validation of key milestones and implementation methodologies;
- The project technical conformity with the international rules, guidelines and technical standards as defined with the technical referents of the project;
- Promote overall quality of project implementation in order to maximize impact;
- Define team objectives, update team job descriptions and work closely with the mission HR team in the regular review of team performance appraisals.
- Contribute to the professional development of team members by identifying need-based trainings and work closely with Mission HR team in the development and implementation of relevant training plans for each member.
- Lead the participation of Nigeria national Project Unit contribution to the regional Project strategy.
- Advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in project management development (a priority), advocacy or humanitarian studies, international relations or political science.
- Professional experience of 3 years in coordinating development activities (a priority) or humanitarian activities in a complex environment as well as supervision of multicultural technical teams and management of and in a consortium will be given positive consideration.
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (EU/AFD).
- You are calm under pressure, diplomatic & have the capacity to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Capacity to represent Action Against Hunger appropriately with a range of national counterparts.
- Goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform].
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: October 23, 2020
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|