Revisor (English) is needed at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
JOB TITLE: Revisor (English)
Institution: Ecowas Commission
Department: General Administration And Conference
Directorate: Conference & Protocol
Line Supervisor: Language Coordinator
- The incumbent shall, revise from French into English, texts and translations, in accordance with professional standards, translated by in-house and independent translators, ensuring high linguistic and terminological quality of texts and application of ECOWAS jargon.
- S/he supervises the relevant language section and may also translate a variety of often complex, confidential, urgent, and important texts intended for different audiences.
- Facilitates the setting-up and updating of terminology databases and on request, provides advice on language usage.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Translation from a recognised university / institution;
- 10 years of experience in translation (at least four of which should have been revision experience)
- Demonstrated experience in use of relevant computer assisted translation software/tools
- Exhibits highest standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the style and nuances of the original text
- Ability to maintain highest standard of confidentiality
- knowledge of terminological and reference research techniques with ability to use wide variety of information and to conduct complex research
- A perfect command of the target language and an excellent knowledge of the source language. Good knowledge of the third language of ECOWAS is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
Deadline: September 13, 2020
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|