The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is recruiting candidates for a Safety and Security Assistant.
JOB TITLE: Safety and Security Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- Under the technical supervision of Safety and Security Liaison Manager, and direct supervision of the Base Manager, the Safety & Security Assistant will assist in building up the capacity, awareness and preparedness of staff to deal with security-related risks, threats and incidents through the delivery of high quality, regular trainings or briefings to national and international staff and ADRA visitors within he area of responsibility.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Safety and Security Assistant will maintain a high level of contextual awareness of his / her operating area and strong coordination with Program and Operations support teams at the Field level.
- He/she will form a wide web of network to proactively collate and source for relevant security information.
- The Safety and Security Assistant will assist Base Manager and Safety and Security Team in conducting collaborative security risk assessments with all field-based staff in line with the standard ADRA security management structures.
- The Safety and Security Assistant will support Base Office Manager in enforcement and implementation of existing SOPs and other risk mitigation plans guide by the acceptance, protection and deterrence strategies.
- The Safety and Security Assistant will act as a liaison link between ADRA and other external security functionaries within the areas of responsibility, represent ADRA in security forums as directed by supervisor to objectively ensure that the operations and program needs of ADRA are well addressed.
Qualifications and skill
- A Higher National Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Security Operations and Management / Criminology / Disaster Management / Public Administration / International relations / Business Administration / Education – Languages or a field related to humanitarian work.
- A bachelor’s degree in similar field will be added advantage.
- Mandatory Computer use skills (including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and internet)
- Fluency in English (written, spoken, comprehension). Knowledge of local north east language is highly desired.
- Must have completed NYSC service or submit exception certificate Training in First Aid and Fire Safety.
- Relevant security management certifications will be added advantage
- Competent report writing skills.
- Basic Mapping or GIS skills.
- Disaster management and response training/ certification.
- At least one-year security-related experience with UN / INGOs / CBOs operating in North-East Nigeria either in safety and security, logistics or administration. Relevant experience from any other institution will also be considered.
- Ability to comprehend security-related subjects such as threat/risk assessment, security management, and personal and organizational physical security awareness.
- Previous services with any of the Nigerian Disciplined forces (Police, Army, NSCDC, etc) will be the desired advantage. A certificate of discharge or recommendation from an immediate supervisor will be required as proof.
- Proven experience or ability to work effectively in complex security environments and situations with an articulate understanding of the conflict in the northeast.
Terms and Conditions
- For background checks – On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their Name, Title, Company, Relationship to you, Email Address, and Telephone Number).
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only through.
|Job Category||Security / Intelligence|
|Deadline||2nd January, 2020.|