Women for Women International (WfWI) is recruiting candidates for a Safety & Security Coordinator.
JOB TITLE: Safety & Security Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: Plateau
- The Safety & Security Coordinator is responsible for implementing security measures and procedures, and for ensuring compliance with WfWI security policies on behalf of the Country Director. He or she is also responsible for acting as the primary security liaison with the WfWI HQ Director of Safety & Security and any in-country security resources that are available.
- Examples of these would include the INSO, US Mission, the OSAC Country Council, and security team members from other implementing partners and international organizations. This is a key role of the SSC is to act as the local threat monitoring staff member, assessing threats to the project including Terrorism, Kidnapping, Crime, Civil Unrest and Geo-Political instability.
Safety & Security:
- Serve as the WfWI-N focal point for safety & security and liaise closely with the WfWI HQ Director of Safety & Security.
- Ensure that all staff and activities comply with the country office and global safety and security policies and procedures.
- Ensure an effective and secure communications plan is established and functioning communications equipment for all offices and field offices is maintained.
- Effective safety and security management systems are in place, enabling programs while mitigating safety and security risks.
- Develop and maintain a Safety and Security Management Plan with appropriate contingency plans, with contingency plans being practiced annually.
- All facilities are managed and equipped to operate safely and securely.
- All staff receive safety and security trainings, orientations, briefings appropriate to their roles and as determined by the assessed risks in the operational environment.
- All safety and security incidents are reported to the designated authority in a timely manner (not exceeding 24 hours) and follow up actions are carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures.
- Effective crisis management systems are in place to respond to any critical event in accordance with WfWI crisis management policies, procedures and templates.
- Liaise with government security bodies as needed to ensure WfWI compliance with security requirements and approvals.
- Conduct regular threat & risk assessments to identify security measures required in all WfWI, guest houses and training centers.
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in a serviceable condition.
- Prepare security updates and reports as required.
- Monitor flash notices and regular reports from UNDSS/INSO and share with staff as needed; attend security coordination meetings.
- Educate staff on their responsibilities regarding incident reporting.
- Collect and compile a weekly reports on local information relative to WfWI areas of operation.
- Keep and maintain all satellite phones, first aid kits, hibernation kits, and firefighting equipment in coordination with Logistics, to ensure they are always operational.
- Develop and enhance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Contingency Plans and monitor compliance by staff.
- Brief and all train staff, including drivers and guards, on personal as well as organizational humanitarian access duties.
- Work with the team to maintain the communications tree and conduct drills.
- Contribute to all reports as requested.
- Support with Incident/Crisis Management as required.
- Coordinate with law enforcement agencies, other INGOs, and government sectors, as requested.
- Ensure that drivers follow all safety and security procedures and that drivers maintain their vehicles to expected standards.
- Oversee usage protocol of all vehicle tracking devices and report any serious incidents immediately to the CD & HQ Director of Safety & Security.
- Obtain necessary travel clearance /access permission from local authorities where applicable.
- Ensure safe and adequate transport provision to all international staff and visitors.
- Other assigned responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety / Security Field with Management or related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 5years of relevant work experience in the Safety and Security field with a NGO or UN
- Working knowledge of threat assessments, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.
- Advanced level of understanding of various communications technologies, including VHF and HF radio systems, satellite phones, cell phones, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and suppliers
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Language fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking) and Hausa language skills are required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong commitment to WfWI’s mission and values
- Ability to work outside of working hours as needed
- Ability to travel is required.
- Training and certifications from accredited institutions such as IFRC, Red-R, ICRC, UN, etc.
- A commitment to working constructively with team members and a service-oriented attitude.
- An understanding of the complexity and values of non-profit organizations.
- An ability to be flexible and demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following application materials: updated CV, Cover Letter and three (3) professional references to: [email protected] Please specify Safety and Security Coordinator in the subject line.
- Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position may be filled prior to the closing date. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.
|Deadline||10th January, 2020.|