JOB TITLE: Sales Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Sales Engineer will identify and develop sales opportunities within a region/country to meet their set business targets. The individual will support new or existing end users, distributors and/or agents in their sales enquires and to develop market share within their designated region.
Performance Objectives and Responsibilities
- This role will provide sales support to existing customers on orders.
- Develop new customers and key accounts, ensure order collection is processed professionally.
- Support Finance with payment collection.
- Update line managers on order status using CRM system (Caesar).
- Meet sales targets assigned by Line Manager and develop competence in ESAB product range.
Sales Engineer role will entail the following:
- Plan and schedule customer visits.
- Sell orders to customers.
- Ensure complete documentation of the orders.
- Follow up on order status with customers,
- Provide feedback to ESAB on customer issues,
- Liaise with technical department as and when required to support customer’s needs.
- Ensure sales reports is up-to-date for monthly and weekly meetings including forecasting reports and to be well equipped with understanding of ESAB Products and processes.
- Key interfaces will include local distributors, agents, end users and Product Manager/s.
- Each employee has a responsibility to ensure that ESAB is a safe place to work and comply with the EHS policy / processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering discipline / background.
- A minimum of 3 years in Welding & Cutting Industry or related industry segments like tools, equipment, abrasives, etc.
- Good knowledge about the welding, equipment and tools distributors in the region.
- Good knowledge about the fabrication workshops, mining, cement & sugar industry (focus customers).
- Technical sales background at correlative companies.
- A self-motivated, commercially focused candidate with excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically are essential.
- Strong financial skills with the ability to analyze potential development opportunities and trends are essential.
- A valid local driving license is essential.
- Excellent communication skills in English is required and any additional local language skills would be an advantage especially French.
Mobility & Travel Requirements:
- This role will involve travel within the assigned region.
Leadership & Performance
Describe Outstanding Performance:
- Live and apply all the corporate values at a daily basis.
- Achieve the Sales Targets.
- Open new customers.
- Increase market share
- Leadership & Attributes Critical to Success.
- Communication (oral and written).
- Self-Driven / Self-Motivation
- Ambitious & Optimistic.
- Emotional stability.
- Time management.
Career Development & Learning Opportunities:
- This position will move on to be a Key Account Manager.
- Colfax Leadership Behaviors.
- Relentless Focus on Talent.
- Time is Our Most Precious Commodity.
- Drives Both Strategic and Day to Day.
- Tough-Minded Commitment to Results.
- Creates a Winning Atmosphere
- Strategic Agility – Skilled
- Business Development – Master
- Profession Knowledge – Skilled
- Negotiating – Master
- Contract Management – Skilled
- Leadership – Basic
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical, Sales / Business Development|