Solidarites International (SI) is recruiting candidates for a Security Manager.
JOB TITLE: Security Manager
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Security Manager – supports mission in improving security management and access for the humanitarian intervention of SI in Nigeria
- Under the line management of the Country Director and in collaboration with the LogCo&FieldCos, the Security Manager helps in collecting and analysing security context and access in Nigeria. This will help in informing security decisions taken by SI (CD) on strategic aspects as well as day to day security management of the mission.
Establish and monitor security procedures:
- In charge of radio communications with field bases;
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information, and the monitoring and analysis of the political, security and geo-political contexts in the countries and areas of intervention;
- Manage security crisis according to contingency plans:
- Report immediately to the Country Director and Log Coo any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where SI operates or where SI teams are present
- Support the Country Director in the management of security incidents and if need be, act as focal point for the teams at national level for any access and security related issue.
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities
- Build capacities of SI teams in security management, response and in understanding SI security rules
- Attend Security meetings and report them to the CD and Log Coo;
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités premises, working areas and new areas;
- Implement protection and security rules and for Solidarités offices, houses, stocks, vehicles and staffs according the needs and risks;
- Update security pack including: security plan (mission and base), evacuation plan, risk analyses and security phases documents;
- Enforce and have the security measures applied by all staffs;
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new arrivals at the missions;
- Do a security induction for all new team members of the mission
- Promote Solidarités International Charter Ethical code;
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information on the mission;
Reporting / communication / representation:
- Participation in external security and access coordination meetings and share minutes with CD and Log Coo
- Update on a regular basis the constant companion document
- Write the incident report document when necessary
- Prepare weekly security updates of all bases
- Prepare a monthly security and access analysis (Focus on, but not limited to, SI base locations)
- Analyse contextual, security and geopolitical information;
- Write Security Internal Security Follow-up;
- File and archive documents related to the Security.
- Acts as the functional manager of the FC assistants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the recruitment process of Field coordinator assistants.
- Involve in the training & coaching of field coordinator assistants on context analysis, network development and information analysis.
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress, Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security.
- Regimental experience is an added advantage.
- Clicking on the link above and select “Security Manager- Maiduguri”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Deadline: September 10, 2020
|Job Category||Security / Intelligence|