JOB TITLE: Security Manager
JOB LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
- Establish, develop and maintain relations and a network of contacts allowing the collection of information related with the humanitarian access and the context, specifically in the areas of intervention; and provide update to the line manager.
- Represent SI to those stakeholders always in accordance with the approach agreed with his/her line management and in compliance with SI Policies.
- Develop and update list of contacts (formal/ informal) and create a national level stakeholders map, develop and regularly update internal maps on safe and un-safe areas.
Monitor / Reporting / Communication:
- Assess the security situation in Nigeria (focus on North East) by collecting information from formal and informal network and/or the team and/divers media (social media, blogs, webpages, etc.);
- Collect information on humanitarian access and report regularly to the line manager;
- Report immediately to the line manager any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where SI operates;
- Prepare regular written reports on context, security and humanitarian access and share them with the line manager.
- Update context part in the monthly/weekly sitreps
- Support his/her line manager in developing and adapting the security guidelines for the teams.
Update the Security Incidents Matrix and Provide an Analysis to the Line Manager:
- Support the CD in the management of security incidents and if need be, act as focal point for the teams at national level for any access and security related issue.
- Provide advice to the CD on measures to safeguard & security of the SI teams
- Develop, update and conduct the national contextual briefing for new international staffs arriving to the mission, delocalized national staffs, and national staff recruited at coordination level.
- Suggest the CD and the coordination team proper actions directed to promote the humanitarian intervention of SI in area with limited access
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities.
- Acts as the functional manager of the Field Coordinator Assistants (FCA). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the recruitment process of FCA.
- Involve in the training & coaching of FCA on context analysis, network development and information analysis.
- Ensure overall coordination with the Program, Administration and Logistics Departments;
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information and context analysis on the mission.
- Participation in external Security and Access coordination meetings.
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO / Private or Public sector) out of which 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO;
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa / Kanuri – Added Advantage;
- Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria;
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress, Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security;
What We Offer
Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Deadline: May 26, 2021