JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
JOB LOCATION: Lagos
- Supervise the respective team of direct and indirect reports through contributing to effective recruitment, development, performance management, and succession planning, in order to maximize team performance and achieve sectional objectives.
Managerial Accountability Area:
- Contribute to the management of the section’s daily operations by providing expertise, enabling teamwork, and aligning processes, in order to achieve high-performance standards and meet established targets.
Operational Accountability Area:
Payables and Receivables:
- Supervise the daily accounting transactions of all entries purchases and sales, stores, etc by reviewing the balances and approving the statements of the entries, to ensure proper accounting entries and control on payments and receivables made.
- Direct and control daily and monthly bank reconciliation (deposits and withdrawals), with all branches’ cashboxes, and confirming bank deposits by customers, to ensure the company balances are properly controlled and not overdraft.
Customers’ and Suppliers’ Accounts:
- Supervise and review the payments’ due date registers, by reviewing the financial reports prepared by the accountants, as part of income and expenses control.
Monthly Tax Reports:
- Review monthly tax and pension reports by updating all remuneration and other tax registers, for continuous and updated reconciliation including taxes on salaries.
- Reconcile and issue invoices and receipt vouchers to cash and credit account clients for the sales of goods (generators, spares); as well as for after-sales services (contracts, on-calls, overhauling), to show the sales levels and ensure accurate invoicing of orders.
- Compile daily journals, by reviewing needed entries and signing them, to better control the payment transactions.
- Review and reconcile payment vouchers, by preparing receipts of payments and payment vouchers of deposits into banks, reconciling petty cash and custody, and preparing bank payment vouchers, to ensure all payments are covered.
- Supervise VAT (value-added tax) on monthly basis, by reviewing payments/receivables against no-VAT payments/receivables, issuing due payments, and collecting refunds from the Ministry of Finance, to ensure correct declarations of amounts.
- Prepare requested reports (inventory status, journals, etc), by reviewing relevant information and submitting to requesting manager/supervisor, to present current accounting status.
- Review monthly salaries with the HR department, by verifying no errors in entries, advising of correct income tax, deductions, and allowances to be paid, approving prior to transfer to the bank(s) for payment; and preparing all related payroll accounting vouchers, to ensure no errors occur in the payments of salaries and preserving the employees’ rights.
- Degree: HND/BSC in Accounting
- Years of experience: 3-5 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: May 24, 2021
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|