Senior Education Officer is needed at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
JOB TITLE: Senior Education Officer
LOCATION: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time – Local
Reports to: Deputy Project Manager
Direct Reports: Education Assistant
- The Senior Education Officer’s primary aim is to support implementation of the education components of the “Supporting the Socio-Economic reintegration of Children Associated with Armed Forces and Armed Groups including the Civilian Joint Task Force in North East Nigeria” programme.
- More specifically, providing and coordinating support to the children separated from CJTF to resume school, continue their formal education, receive necessary Back To School kits, and support ongoing monitoring of their progress.
- The Senior Education Officer will Implement education programmes in line with Search’s Conflict Sensitivity and Common Ground Approach, always ensuring that Children’s Best Interests are promoted.
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of education and with children.
- Experience working with Children Associated with Armed Groups, and other vulnerable children.
- Familiarity with principles including the best interest of the child, do no harm, humanitarian principles, amongst others.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Strong cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and systematic, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Experience working in different communities in Borno State
- Experience working with refugees, IDPs, host communities, and other vulnerable populations
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and project planning skills.
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|