Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Engineering (Technical Services)
Reporting Line: Engineering Manager/Lead Electrical – MCI Engineer
- To provide material selection and corrosion management advice to Project Teams as regards material corrosion ensuring cost effective material selection and corrosion mitigation strategies which will ensure (technical) integrity of the materials applied in subsurface and surface hydrocarbon production, processing and transportation systems through their life cycle.
- Shall have experience in preparation of Design basis, specification, data sheets and sizing for various instruments including, control valves, PSVs, flowmeters, analyzers etc.
- Performs interdisciplinary checks.
- Review of vendor offers and selection of technically qualified vendor for the given application. Preparation of Technical Bid Analysis.
- Working with Client/ PMC for resolving the Technical queries, obtaining the necessary technical approvals, etc
- Ensure and perform engineering and design prudently so as to optimize cost of project execution.
- Working with the vendors for Kick –Off Meetings after the award of the PO, design review meetings for discussing the technical queries and the solutions, keeping a track of the vendor’s activities and the progress.
- Review of vendor deliverables to ensure their technical compliance. Provide necessary inputs to other disciplines.
- Attending FAT, SAT and witnessing the compliance of vendor in meeting the project requirements.
- Supporting the proposal efforts for various projects bids
- Maintains project Contract review, KPI, Change Tracking, Schedule Tracking, Productivity and dashboard reporting, Value Engineering, Lesson Learnt etc.
- Issuing deliverables as per Project requirements
- Vendor documents reviews
- Responsible for achieving department KPI objective, productivity, milestones in a multidisciplinary task force.
- Supports field technical issues and support sub-team leads in technical communications with clients/vendors when required.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Electrical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Preferably a COREN Registered Engineer.
- 7+ years experience in electrical engineering design (onshore & offshore) within the Oil and Gas EPC.
- Knowledge and experience with various ASTM, IS, IEC codes and standards as well as various PMC standards.
- Evidence of Value Engineering efforts in executed projects
- Conversance with 3D model review software like SPR is desirable
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Commissioning and field execution experience is added advantage
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, accuracy, attention to details, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish deadlines for the team, manage priorities, and effectively achieve the goals in fast paced environment is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Ability to foster communication within diverse cultural environments
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and to respond appropriately
- Ability to work within time and budget constraints
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to prioritize and organize work as well.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||15th November, 2019.|