Senior Human Resources Officer is needed at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
JOB TITLE: Senior Human Resources Officer
Vacancy No: IFRC04025
Duty station status: Family Duty Station
Duration: 3 Months
Category of Staff: National Staff
Grade: Not Applicable
- Reporting to the Head of West Coast Cluster, and as part of the Africa HR team, the position incumbent is responsible for leading, implementing and advancing HR projects related to HR systems.
- He/She establishes, cultivates and maintains ongoing relationships with the Regional and Global HR team as well as with client groups to ensure a clear understanding and agreement among these collaborators of the engagement required towards meeting the objectives related to the projects under implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, Selection and Placement:
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talent to support the strategic human resources needs of the West Coast Cluster.
- Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection process.
- Support the Region human resources needs by ensuring incoming staff receive efficient on-boarding as well as systems compliance is achieved on induction and exit.
- Provide strategic advice around HR needs to Hiring managers
- Relevant University degree
- Full human resource professional qualification in HR and registered with a professional HR Body
- Post Graduate qualification is an added advantage
- 5 years relevant professional HR practice
- Experience of facilitating recruitment and on boarding processes
- Experience of handling confidential information
- Experience handling employee relations matters
- Experience in preparing staff payroll and HRIS
Knowledge, skills and languages:
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Customer service
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is an added advantage
Competencies and values:
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Judgement and Decision Making
- National Society and Customer Relations
- Creativity and Innovation
- Building Trust
|Job Category||Human Resources / Recruitment|
|Deadline||7th June, 2020.|