Senior Manager, IP Planning at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria is a South Africa multinational telecommunication company. it began its operation in Nigeria in 2001.
they are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, IP Planning
Division: Network Group
- To oversee the design, planning and optimization of the IP transport & MPBN networks as well as the development of innovative and efficient network solutions to support the overall business objectives.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing the Division’s processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy.
- Serve MTNN’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Distil and translate MTNN’s Business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the Mobile Broadband Network and IP transport network
- Drive the design and plan for cost efficient/least cost IP transport & MPBN networks to support MTNN rollout with a 5+ year time horizon taking into cognizance the rapid spate of technology developments.
- Plan and monitor the IP Planning budget in line with business plan and departmental goals and targets
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient IP transport & MPBN utilization & occupancy and ensure secure access to the MTNN network
- Ensure the performance of MTNN’s IP Planning network in line with defined KPA/KPI’s
- Maintain an awareness of the latest technological and industry developments
- Oversee the development and management of MTNN IP addressing plan
- Act as subject matter expert regarding E2E IP transport networks & MPBN design and capacity planning
- Monitor international trends and business best practice in relation to specific network solution or technology.
- Direct delivery of future proof solutions in the MTNN IP transport & MPBN networks to guarantee deliverables are met according to customer requirements both internal and external.
- Direct the activities for architectural service design and efficient delivery of Mobile Broadband platforms (GGSN/PGW, SGSN/MME, etc.), IP transport nodes (Switches, routers, firewalls etc.) and Network security solutions
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Coach and train IP Planning team to ensure understanding of the
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in Electrical/Electronic or Communications Engineering or Equivalent
- 9-17 years’ experience – which includes:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience in – IP transport & MPBN networks
- Experience in contract negotiation with vendors and suppliers
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Experience in forecasting long term network growth and providing input to company business plan
- Experience in CAPEX and OPEX budget preparation
- Advanced Management programs
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Human Resource/Capital management
|Closing Date||22nd October, 2019.|