JOB TITLE: Senior Programme Support Assistant
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Head, Programme Support Unit and in close coordination with Programme Managers, the successful candidate will support with all Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning aspects of all programmes and projects in Nigeria and assist in their relevant and effective implementation, in line with the specific donors’ requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the Head, Programme Support Unit with the development of overall mission MEAL frameworks for project/programmes design including the preparation of monthly, quarterly or annual programmes/projects reviews, impact assessments, process and operations monitoring, real-time, mid-term and final evaluations and lessons-learned workshops.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relations, Statistics with 4 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with six years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in project design and implementation preferably with experience in the field of research and MEAL.
- Strong technical competence and experience in project development, quantitative and qualitative M&E methods, data analysis, reporting and understanding of contemporary trends and innovations in the field ofmonitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL).
- Knowledge of remote monitoring and evaluation framework and data analysis
- Advanced skills in excel, Google Charts, Grafana, Tableau, Sisense, PowerBI, SPSS, kobo toolbox, ODK.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.27 Senior Programme Support Assistant – Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) G6.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: April 11, 2021