JOB TITLE: Senior Project Assistant (MECC)
JOB LOCATION: Abuja
- Under the direct supervision of the IOM Nigeria Chief of Mission, and overall and thematic supervision of the Regional Thematic Specialist on Migration, Environment and Climate Change for West and Central Africa and the Project Manager, the Senior Project Assistant will support the effective and efficient implementation of the West Africa regional activities in partnership with ECOWAS in the Migration, Environment and Climate Change (MECC) project on “Implementing Global Policies on Environmental Migration and Disaster Displacement in West Africa”. In particular, he/she will carry out the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of knowledge and policy related activities including research and present information and reference materials from various sources for reports, plans, studies, briefings, trainings, meetings/conferences etc.
- Review and draft variety ofstandard papers and other reports using various platforms. Proofread documents and edit text and / or numerical values for accuracy, style, and adherence to established format standards.
Job Requirments, Skills, and Competencies
- Undergraduate degree in Social Sciences, Migration Studies, International Relationsor a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum 4years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum four(4) years of professional experience particularly in the field of West Africa regional migrationmanagement, regional dialogue process and policy development or related.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Economic Community for West African States (ECOWAS) Commission and its Member States guiding protocols and frameworks for regional integration and regional migration dynamics and issues.
- Prior experience in the migration, environment and climate change sector would be an advantage.
- Experience in supporting all aspects of project managementincluding, project development, finance, administrative and procurement roles, dialogue and conference / workshop / training facilitation roles.
- Experience with working on multi country projects, international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions / organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with regional networksand other stakeholder.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: [email protected] Using the “SVN2021.029 Senior Project Assistant (MECC)” as the subject of the mail.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, Intenational Organisation for Migration (IOM) only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM).
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents,and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: April 19, 2021