Senior Technical Advisor (SDGs) is needed at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Advisor (SDGs)
Job ID: 31214
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Posting Type: Common System
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Practice Area – Job Family: Poverty Reduction – SUSTENABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS
Contract Duration: 1year with possibility of extension
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast tract, it implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and Law. A Doctorate Degree will be an added advantage.
- Ten years’ experience in Development Work.
- Familiarity with SDGs mainstreaming principles and processes.
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government.
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||8th July, 2020.|