JOB TITLE: Server Network Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communication network, The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- To ensure servers and networks run efficiently and operate without downtime or performance degradation on a daily basis.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, security and peripheral devices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Detailed knowledge of windows server setup, server Management, Active Directory and DNS, deployment and maintenance.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers.
- Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Familiarity with enterprise network management solutions e.g. SolarWinds, Flowmon, PTRG ,SOPHOS etc.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Keep an eye out for needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Troubleshoot server and server application issues.
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- Any additional relevant certification (Juniper, Cisco, MCP CWNA or BCNE) and ability to work with databases and WANs/LANs will be considered an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a server/network administrator in an enterprise or ICT service company.
- Technical skills – Proven work experience as server administrator and Solid ICT troubleshooting skills.
- Problem-solving skills – Able to devise technical and creative solutions to user issues.
- Communication skills.
- Time management.
- Team collaboration – Able to work with other ICT personnel, Vendors, Contractors, etc.
- Ability to manage Users in an enterprise infrastructure environment.
- Continuous approach to upgrading of ICT skills.
Deadline: September 20, 2021
|Job Category||Computer & Network Security|