Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) Officer is needed at CARE International
JOB TITLE: Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) Officer
Position Type: Regular/Full term
Reporting line: SHRH Manager
Report to: SRH Program Manager
- The SRH Officer will provide technical support to the successful implementation of the SRH component, including hygiene promotion.
- S/he will lead the development, planning, implementation and coordination of SRH, hygiene promotion and risk communication activities on COVID-19, ensuring quality outputs and timely completion of project deliverables
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide technical SRH guidance for project implementation (75% of time)
- Facilitate and oversee the planning, implementation and coordination of all SRH, Hygiene Promotion and risk communication activities
- Lead the community volunteers work planning for sensitization and awareness raising activities
- Work with trained CBTs and VSLA committees to facilitate risk communication on COVID-19 in communities
- Plan, organize and coordinate all project-related training and distribution activities in collaboration with the with the Project Manager
- Supervise the implementation of SRH and community awareness raising activities in a bid to assure quality
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the Supervisor
Job Responsibility 2:
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Reporting of grants (25%)
- Ensure indicators in the approved logical framework of the proposal are tracked and closely monitored with support from the M&E Officer.
- Ensure beneficiary feedback about the project activities are timely communicated to the CARE senior programme team and other relevant stakeholders to enhance relevance.
- The positions are based in Yobe and will oversee the day to day implementation of the SRH and Risk Communication activities of the project.
- A significant amount of time (at least 75%) is expected to be spent in the project locations and liaising with community leaders, other humanitarian actors and LGA health authorities within the area of operations.
- It is imperative for the SRH Officers to build very strong rapport and regularly network with the other actors on the ground, including the LGA security apparatus for the day-to-day movement of community volunteers and distribution of project materials/ supplies. of the mobile outreach teams. They will also be required to, from time to time, attend meetings, make follow up on procurement, plan training events and report writing, etc.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, or other related disciplines.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in project planning, coordination and management.
- Demonstrated ability to network and work in collaboration with governments, NGOs, CSOs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience of working on Sexual and Reproductive Health and WASH issues
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with local authorities, peer organisations and other community based structures
There are three levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
- Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
Education / Training
- Advanced degree in public/community health, Nursing, social sciences, or other related disciplines
- Postgraduate degree in Public Health and medicine is an asset (University Degree)
- Project planning, coordination, monitoring and supervision training is an added value
- Training in project management and coordination
Required / Desired:
- Experience working at middle management level in an international NGO is desirable.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in coordinating SRH or GBV programme development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to network and work in collaboration with governments, NGOs, CSOs and community structures.
- Experience of working on SRH and GBV issues
- Proven ability to build capacities of direct reports, community volunteers and wider community members
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Advanced degree/ diploma in public health, nursing or medicine or other related disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in the field of emergency community health response, with emphasis on SRH
- Experience of working in the North East with a sound understanding of the stakeholders’ landscape
- Demonstrated ability to network and work in collaboration with governments, NGOs, CSOs and women’s groups.
- Solid experience developing accurately costed work plans and monitoring budgets
- Excellent Computer literacy skills: must be able to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook proficiently
- Proven ability to facilitate trainings/build capacities and coach and mentor other staff
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and detailed CV as a single document to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Indicate clearly in the subject line of the email the position you are applying for and the location (in Caps)
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|
|Deadline||2nd July, 2020.|