JOB TITLE: SME Officer
JOB LOCATIONS: Lagos & Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Reporting to Head, SME Manager
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME.
- SME Loan Officer is responsible for processing loan applications for SME and corporate clients, as well as monitoring the loan portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect new SME clients and assists them for loan applications.
- Has the ability to analyze and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal and collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties) and arranges to open a new loan account.
- Prepares and executes loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loan in kind.
- Have good knowledge about guidelines of the regulatory body and be able to prepare loan reports for internal and external use.
- Monitors the loan and follows up of the timely repayment.
- Maintain contact and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ensure full compliance with all in-place.
- Any other task as assigned by the Head of Department.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting
- 1 – 2 years prior experience in the credit/SME department from a Microfinance bank.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Negotiation and internal relationship building.
- Sound written and verbal English communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Analysis and reporting skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to communicate and to maintain good relations with the client.
- Good presentation skills and excellent courteous attitude; social concern.
- Ability to work in confidentiality; ability to work in the field.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and preferred Location (e.g SME Officer – Lagos) as the subject of the email.
Deadline: January 19, 2022
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|