JOB TITLE: Software Developer
JOB LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS – Internal Firm Services – Other
Management Level: Senior Associate
- A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
- Our Software Programming team helps translate internal business requirements into an appropriate information technology deliverable. Our team is responsible for all development activity including global information technology programmes, custom developments, and application packaging.
- To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
- As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- The software developer will be part of a team that develops digital solutions to automate processes for clients by either developing bespoke solutions (i.e. web, mobile, etc.) or using Robotic Process Automation and other relevant technology stack.
- Design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software programs to solve both internal and external business challenges.
- Ability to translate clients’ business requirements into digital solutions.
- Producing clean, efficient codes based on internal coding standards and specification.
- Work closely with other developers such as the UX designer in building out optimal solutions.
- Document the work that has been done.
- Training users on the developed software.
- Provide technical guidance for clients on the use of developed digital solutions.
- The Senior Associate will be responsible for the management of day-to-day activities of the project team on the client’s site.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Solution conceptualization, creativity and innovation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in software designing, web development, design patterns, web applications, business analysis, agile methodologies, web services, software integration, project management, design patterns and programming.
- Ability to work in a team and work independently when needed.
- Practical experience developing solutions that leverage Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence will be an added advantage.
- Ability to lead small teams to deliver project objectives.
- Up to 20%.
Deadline: October 4, 2021
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|