Soil Specialist at BUA Group
BUA Group is among the top Conglomerates in nigeria. The firm was founded in 1988. its focuses on Foods, iron & steel, agricultural, industrial chemicals & Infrastructure.
BUA (LASUCO) Sugar Plantation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Soil Specialist
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
- Responsible for gathering, interpreting and evaluating information about the chemistry, biology and physics of soil; and use the information to make recommendations for soil management methods to improve productivity.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of soil science including biological, chemical and physical properties of soils, and their spatial and temporal variability across the project area.
- Carry out field work, including the collection of soil samples and conduct laboratory analysis of soil samples, and research experiments for the project.
- Review and produce maps of soil types and their distribution across the project area and recommend application of soil nutrients to improve soil conditions.
- Monitor and supervise laboratory research.
- Write research reports and make presentations on findings, including scientific research papers in relation to the project soil reports and integrate soil science knowledge into aspects of land management and ecosystems.
- Keep up to date with developments in the soil science and related areas, as well as environmental issues and legislation changes that may affect the project.
- Attend conferences to keep abreast of the latest developments and to network with people in the profession and related industries.
- Agriculture Science, Crop or Soil Science or equivalent.
- 15 years experience in soil scientific work with a minimum of 10 years in sugarcane industry.
- Ability to plan and conduct research, carry out practical experimental work.
- Strong Knowledge of soil analysis, equipment and laboratory procedures.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Evidence of prior involvement/engagement in researches related to sugarcane production.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
- Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
|Job Category||Building Design / Architecture|
|Application Deadline||15th October, 2019|