The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is recruiting candidates for a State Coordinator.
JOB TITLE: State Coordinator
JOB LOCATION: Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe
- To provide effective supervision and coordination of the state-based core-monitoring activities according to processes, procedures, and plans. Will give specialized support and technical Data analysis to State-based activities and update the Project manager on monitoring activities that effectively meet core objectives of Third Party Monitoring Intervention in North-East Nigeria with keen interest in administering the measures put in place to achieve the pre-set outcome and output indicators of the programme.
- Analyze data collected by the State field Supervisors and ensure correctness, updates and validity before sharing it to the M&E office for cleaning and subsequent consumption. This position will form an integral part of the Project management team.
- The ultimate expected results are to strengthen ADRA’s supervision and monitoring plans and system at State level in regard to all points of work and ensuring timely submission of Data to the M&E central office for final processing.
- ADRA is seeking for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) personnel to lead the implementation of and improve the Performance Reporting System/Monitor requirements for the Program and donor reporting requirements.
- The M&E personnel will collaborate with programs staffs to ensure timely execution of deliverables in accordance with the approved work plan, and ensure that Program feedback is appropriately communicated to the stakeholders and integrated into revised work plans.
- S/he will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the program’s data collection; reporting and analysis meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders to include sectorial M&E-related reporting requirements.
- S/he will provide key expertise in the design and analysis of data for the organization in regard to the program implementation. S/he will build capacity in the program staffs in areas of responsibility in the program during implementing.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Enhance M&E capacity of other field staffs in data analysis and utilization, to improve accountability and the use of empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting, and to maintain strategic alignment with the TPM objectives outlined in the program guidelines and to support ADRA’s activities and reporting requirements by utlizing developed reporting tools, monitoring plans, Performance Reporting System (PRS) that tracks indicators performance across the Program and donor requirements
- Collect and give feedback from assigned state field program technical teams on the functionality of the monitoring activities and ensure that communication is efficiently delivered to the Project Manager and head of programs.
- Ensure data in Performance Reporting Systems are correctly and timely up-to-dated, accurate and reliable; update as necessary with changes in indicators and feedback from the programs teams and stakeholders in collaboration with other State stakeholders including Partner office representatives.
- Support the Management teams with data cleaning, data validation, data analysis, and data visualizations during Reviews, Assessments, Performance and Plan Reporting and other reporting needs.
- Conduct training for field staffs on data entry, data analysis, data visualizations, and how to maximize the functionality of the M&E activities.
- Coordinate weekly with Project Manager to determine priority tasks. Ensure the programs team is aware of and up to date on all M&E tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase for each component in assigned locations in accordance to approved work plans.
- In close coordination with the Project Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level activities, Assessments plans in assigned States and present the plan for approval by the responsible managers.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the visit.
- Draft “interim evaluation reports” (IER) based on prescribed format after collection of data and visiting of implementation sites for verification of indicators.
- Enhance compliance of monitoring and Evaluation of program-policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) required and share findings with the Project Manager and
- Emergency Response Coordinator’s office on a monthly basis.
- Ensure availability of primary source of data and information for programs office when developing impact assessments, success stories and lessons learned.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of data from monitored processes, procedures, assessments outcome data with focus to required standards, criteria and objectives, as key indicators for Third Party Monitoring partnerships and ensure proper reporting.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary and carry out step-down support to field staffs.
- Share management observations from monitoring work with senior Project Management and initiate solution when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on the determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Final Evaluation Reports.
- Perform a representation role at State and LGA level coordination meetings; positively and professionally in both internal and external environments. Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- First degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is desired. Relevant experience in management and field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Minimum three (2) years of professional experience in developing and performing managing M&E function with a bias to humanitarian responses.
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing priorities from a variety of stakeholders and program needs.
- Ability to use advanced data collection tools/gadgets and interpret coded data generated by data collecting gadgets like Kobo tool.
- Ability to interpret and visualize time series indicator performance data
- Strong leadership and organizational skills to track challenges and manage human resources through alliances.
- Familiarity with humanitarian response monitoring and reporting requirements.
- The experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
Terms and Conditions
- For background checks – On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their Name, Title, Company, Relationship to you, Email Address, and Telephone Number).
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only through.
|Deadline||2nd January, 2020.|