JOB TITLE: Surveillance and Implementation Science Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Surveillance and Implementation Science Advisor to lead its Surveillance and Implementation activities. Activities will include supporting the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance Lead to improve and/or expanding the surveillance data collected and also ensuring that relatively new data sources such as Electronic Medical Records and Laboratory Information Management Systems are utilized as appropriate for Surveillance.
- S/He will lead surveillance activities such as recency surveillance, case-based Surveillance, mortality surveillance, and HIV Drug resistance surveillance.
- The successful candidate will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up priority health information systems at all levels of the health system. S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC and other stakeholders to promote the systematic uptake of synthesized Surveillance findings and other evidence-based practices into routine practice, The Surveillance and Implementation Science Advisor reports directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance Lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the surveillance systems strengthening component of the project.
- Design and implement performance monitoring and Continuous Quality Improvement activities needed to ensure that surveillance systems activities are on track adhere to donor and GON Requirements.
- Work with other unit leads in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Surveillance Directorate to ensure that relevant Publications, Technical reports, and documentation on surveillance systems are technically relevant and are disseminated appropriately
- S/He is the lead for all surveillance systems strengthening activities within the project and will act as the Surveillance FP for CDC and other external stakeholders and partners.
- S/He provides technical assistance and capacity building to government counterparts and key stakeholders on surveillance systems.
- Oversees the design and conduct of training, capacity building, mentoring, and other Surveillance activities for Implementing Partners staff, relevant government ministries, and partners supported by the project.
- In close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead and other unit leads, provides technical guidance and direction on strategies and approaches in collecting, analyzing, reporting, and using quality surveillance data.
- Lead the development of Data governance documents (SOPs, Policies, technical guides) for Surveillance in collaboration with other unit leads.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS, MPH, Masters of Science in Epidemiology and/or Statistics and other relevant areas.
- 5 years of experience implementing public health programmes with at least 3 years experience in Surveillance.
- At least 2 years of experience working in developing countries
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Deadline: September 22, 2021
|Job Category||Medical/ Healthcare / Pharmaceutical|