JOB TITLE: Surveillance Nurse Supervisor
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (with frequent trips to Borno, Katsina / Zamfara / Yobe / Sokoto and the other Northern States in Nigeria)
Job Type: Contract
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Ensure completion and prompt reporting of all information and data related to emergencies, surveillance and preparedness.
- Maintain active communication and liaison with all relevant internal or external resources for information and data gathering and provide the necessary support to the NIMERT team for decision making.
- Implement and maintain an efficient and effective surveillance system that will help to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant epidemic-prone diseases at the mission level, throughout Nigeria.
- Perform surveillance through active and permanent contact with other actors of disease surveillance and notification from local governments and state levels, with a focus on areas of MSF operational interest.
- Manage data systems and ensure accurate, high-quality databases and reliability; produce a weekly report and submit to the project medical referent for deep analyses and decision making.
- Ensure high standards quality information/data collection, communication, archiving, is done in strict compliance with confidentiality and safety as per MSF standard procedures
- Actively participate in data interpretation and analysis of surveillance data and provide report, regular weekly & monthly (or daily basic if needed) feedbacks with timeliness and completeness.
- Operate as Focal person for GIS, REACH and HMIS of NIMERT medical data.
- Essential, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Training in public health will be an asset
- Essential, two (2) years of working experience with MSF or other NGO’s.
- English and Hausa languages are mandatory; Other local languages are recommendable.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and the internet). Desirable knowledge of medical statistics databases.
- As per the MSF salary scale (national contract).
- To Apply Fill in the above link and attach your CV in the attachment.
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-Spain in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply.
Deadline: October 5, 2021