Systems Enhancement Accountant is needed at FHI 360
JOB TITLE: Systems Enhancement Accountant
Reports To: Associate Director, Finance
Job Type: Full time
- This position will report to the Associate Director, Finance and will be responsible for continuous improvement of financial systems and compliance levels at the State offices in the country.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Office of Compliance and Risk Management, identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; prioritizes areas to be addressed, then, working with staff on the ground, develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. The implementation phase must include direct training and demonstration of how to implement corrective action.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience, or
- MSc. in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analyses.
- Experience in financial reporting, and financial management systems applications.
- Experience with Global Fund and USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
- CPA, ACA or recognized equivalent is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to train one on one and in a small group specific technical applications in a way that makes the trainee feel comfortable enough to ask questions when they do not understand and proficient when training is complete
- If necessary, must have the ability to deliver a strong message of compliance in a difficult situation
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial and related management information
- Ability to conduct complex system analysis studies involving financially oriented applications
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, database and spreadsheets (including extensive knowledge of Excel database applications)
- Knowledge of global fund donor (including USAID) contractual requirements and regulations
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations
- Excellent numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
|Job Category||Accounting / Audit / Finance|
|Deadline||2nd August, 2020.|