KCA Deutag Group is recruiting candidates for a TDS Software Engineer.
JOB TITLE: TDS Software Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Nigeria
Reports To: Maintenance Superintendent
- The TDS Software Engineer is responsible for the provision of discipline engineering staff, resources and technology in a manner, which promotes excellence of performance for both the individuals concerned and the Company.
- Maintain Technical Assurance of the discipline output in all areas of the Company’s activities worldwide.
Area(s) of Responsibility
- All equipment and systems on the rig.
- Rig structure and integrity.
- Compliance with Class end Company requirements for repairs and upkeep or all associated records.
- Maintenance personal on Drilling Rigs
- Manage the operations assigned to them and ensure that they meet contractual quality and performance criteria.
- Supervise those to whom they delegate responsibility, and to ensure the effective operation of supporting services under their control or provided by departments within the Company.
- Ensure that all well programmes are executed properly, efficiently, safety and in accordance with Company, Client and relevant Country regulations and guidelines.
- Liaise at all times with their Operations Managers on all key issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Conduct technical appraisals of drilling and workover programmes, ensuring that any improvements, concerns or remedial actions required, are brought to the attention of the client.
- Provide advice and guidance to their Drilling Project Managers.
- Ensure that critical performance evaluations of specialist sub-contractors are conducted and findings reported to the Operations Manager and client.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of all problems including accidents/incidents.
- Take an active role in pre-spud and end-of-well meetings, (if applicable) ensuring that complete reporting is undertaken and that all learning points are brought to the attention the Operations Manager and the client.
- Ensure the Rig is maintained in accordance with Company and Industry standards end that all mandatory and other Operating Certificates are maintained up to date.
- Advice management on matters affecting the interpretation of the contracts affecting Rigs under their control and to deal with day-to-day contractual matters as directed.
- Review the performance evaluation of the personnel on the, rig in terms of contracted requirements.
- Liaise and support the Drilling Project M in terms of human resource utilisation and development.
- Initiate investigations and remedial actions on equipment, structural or system failures affecting the Rigs under his authority.
- Ensure, the timely requisition of alI materials, equipment and services to the correct specification for the execution of well operations.
- Ensure control and effective tracking of Company moveable assets assigned to the Rig(s).
- Support projects by provision of competent personnel as required.
- Maintain an overview of the discipline development requirements to meet Company needs.
- Establish discipline procedures, control systems and guidelines to comply with Company Safety Management System and Legislation.
- Arrange with Project Managers for Discipline Technical Audits of Projects with the following objectives:
- Assist projects in maintaining appropriate professional standards for project execution, Confirm that technical work undertaken is consistent with the Disciplines professional standards for the relevant project’s technical complexity and commercial liability.
- Ensure that the project-generated documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and complies with the contract requirements.
- Establish discipline performance measures and monitoring requirements with projects. Promote awareness of Health. Safety, Environmental & Quality aspects of discipline work to achieve fit-for-purpose engineering.
- Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practices, following the objectives of RDS Health, Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Encouragement of attention to safety in personnel under the Chief Electrical Engineer’s control
- Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the KCA DEUTAG / Client relationship and how these can be influenced by innovative designs and fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Use of opportunities at meetings with Clients, Vendors etc. to learn of additional work which KCADEUTAG could undertake, and to promote KCA DEUTAG’s capabilities.
- Communication with Operations and Maintenance personnel to determine any opportunities where KCA DEUTAG could provide an engineering solution to existing problems or for improving the existing practice.
Systems and Processes:
- Provision of information as required by KCA DEUTAG systems.
- Management of Mechanical discipline personnel.
- Training and development of Graduate Engineers for the Electrical discipline. –
- Annual appraisal Electrical discipline staff.
- Recognised degree in related field &Professional qualifications
- Knowledge in:
- MS Office-
- PLC programming Concept, Siemens S7accr. IEC
- KOMS (Kompass Operational Management System)
- CATS (Case Action Tracking System)
- EDRS (Enhanced Drilling Reporting System)
- Computerised Preventive Planned Maintenance
- Permit to work
- Hazardous areas awareness
- Maintenance electrical Equipment from Bentec and NOV Equipment
- Specialist in Top Drive Varco TDS 4H/S, TDS 11SA, IDS1 and Tesco
- Reading of DIN and ANS drawings
- Risk assessment
- First aid
- Fire fighting
- Proven experience (8 years) in TDS Engineering role with an Oilfield Operator
Job Specific Skills:
- Demonstrate competence in TDS engineering.
- Must be well organised, proactive and a good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to tailor their approach to deal appropriately with all levels of contact
- An assertive and self-confident person
- Team player who demonstrates maximum flexibility and remain calm under pressure
- Deadline conscious with strong drive and initiative and ability to work well in time-sensitive situations
- Understanding of the Oil & Gas sector marketplace, market forces
Required Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivator,
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in good English
- Ability to work individually and as part of steam.
- Witting to travel
- Be flexible to work outside the normal hours
- Must speak and write fluent English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to be accompanied with all credentials and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: September 9, 2020
|Job Category||Software/ Programming / Web development|