Job Title: Team Member, Treasury (Treasury Officer)
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Review the market information and its impact on the Banks’ funding position, Processing treasury/currency trading transactions Secondary market trading, providing viable capital raising alternatives to clients and conducting periodic analysis of the capital markets.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Detailed knowledge of financial legislation and practices in Nigeria
- Knowledge of monetary markets, investment management and trading strategies
- Proven leadership and decision-making abilities in a business setting
- Establishes and manages fixed income investment positions.
- Ability to analyze and recommend potential alternative financing structures
- Potential to manage and negotiate transactions with existing clients successfully.
- Development and implementation of cash management operational strategies.
- Ability to assess foreign exchange risk and implement hedge strategies.
- Assists in the development of bank relationships with local and international counterparties.
- Manages investment of excess funds.
- Assists with preparation and presentation of reports for the board and external parties
- Secondary Market Trading on E-Bond platform on Bloomberg.
- Knowledge of the FX market in Nigeria
- Engagement of relationship officers for customized products that meets their customers’ FX requirements
- Education: First degree in Economics, Accounting or other finance related discipline with a minimum of Second Class honors. Relevant Masters’ degree will be an advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a bank
- Certification(s): A recognized professional certification such as ACI, CFA, ACCA, ACIB, ICAN will be an added advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Capital/Financial Markets Knowledge
- Valuation and Modelling Techniques
- Financial Planning/Budgeting & Forecasting
- Strong knowledge of capital markets and securities laws
- Good Customer Service / Relationship Management
- Strong selling/negotiation skills
- Strong Financial Analysis / Interpretation capabilities
- Oral & Written communication
- Strong strategic orientation
- Team work
- Entrepreneurship/ taking ownership
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Salary, Leave Allowance, Medical Allowance, Bonus payments as applicable
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
|Job Category||Banking / Insurance|