Technical Analyst, Sectors & International Relations is needed at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: Technical Analyst, Sectors & International Relations
Job ID: 31206
LOCATION: Lagos, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Poverty Reduction – Inclusive – Growth
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted in September 2015 in New York, as the successor to the unfinished business of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). In order to fast tract, it implementation in Nigeria, a technical collaboration between the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Sustainable Development Goals (OSSAP-SDGs) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has been developed.
- The technical collaboration is aimed coordinating the partnerships for SDGs implementation between MDAs at the National level, between the national and sub-national governments as well as between the government and the private sector. The approach builds on the work already done by both institutions during the implementation of the MDGs.
- This recruitment will help bring the requisite capacity to ensure that the 17SDGs are aligned to the medium-term plans at both national and sub-national levels especially at the sector levels and its implementation are also consistent with the implementation of the domestic development plans.
Required Skills and Experience
- First degree, Education with 07 years’ experience.
- Second Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Development and International Relations with 04 years experience will be an added advantage.
- Seven years’ experience in Development Work
- Knowledge of SDGs issues at both national and sub-national government.
- Demonstrated working experience with government institutions in Nigeria
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of at least on Nigerian language
- Computer literacy skills.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||8th July, 2020.|