JOB TITLE: Technical Officer – Clinical Services
JOB LOCATION: Gembu, Sardauna LGA, Taraba State
Employment Type: Contract
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the TO-CS will provide administrative and technical leadership at Branch level to ensure that the project goals and objectives are achieved in the State.
- In sync with the Branch Secretary, the TO-CS will lead the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project at the branch.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and Branch Secretary in defining the project scope to facilitate decision-making for project implementation.
- Works closely with the Branch Secretary for the development of monthly proposal and working advances budget for the project.
- Assists with the implementation of finance and accounting, records management, communications, and feedback to facilitate project implementation.
- Assists the Project Manager and the Branch Secretary with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies for the project.
- Interfaces with key stakeholders in the State, keeps track of their deliverables, and keeps the Project Manager up to date.
- Engage, interacts with other implementing partners form INGO, NGO, CSO, CBO etc.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the project management team.
- TO-CS shall be responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- Provide technical guidance to Assistant Technical Officers – Nutrition, Mental Health, Logistics, Monitoring and Evaluation in the team.
- Undertakespatients’ consultation and physical examination of patients before referral to secondary or tertiary care
- Coordinate and lead the medical outreach team in providing health care to the POC’s/HC in the settlements.
- Liaising daily with clinical staff Including other doctors, none medical management staffs and health care professionals
- Be responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical supplies are available for effective service delivery.
- He/ She shall also give oversight and guidance to health workers on proper management of medical conditions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with Nigeria Medical and Dental Practitioner’s council
- Must possess a valid practicing license
- At least two years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in the local language.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of PHC services in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as one single document) to: [email protected] explaining why you should be considered for the position you applied for.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- State the Position applied for/State/Name as subject of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.
Deadline: September 10, 2021
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|