JOB TITLE: Technical Officer, EpiC-COVID-19
JOB LOCATION: Abuja (Country Office)
- Support technical and program staff with responding to technical, administrative and programmatic requests from HQ, donors, implementing partners, country/zonal offices and other FHI team members; Support the development of protocols, templates, tools and SOPs for facility level assessments, stakeholder engagement, resource mapping and facility level operational plans for strengthening medical oxygen use for COVID-19 response. Support the design and execution of technical assistance visits, workshops, and meetings. Coordinate on arrangements for travel undertaken by team members, consultants, or colleagues from FHI HQ.
- Support the design, execution, coordination and transition of community of practices (CoPs) for COVID-19 medical oxygen technical assistance alongside the Government of Nigeria stakeholders and the private sector Support stakeholder engagement and resource mobilization for COVID-19 medical oxygen use working alongside Department of Hospital Services-FMoH, NACA, NPHCDA and other implementing partners like WHO, CHAI, etc Support a rapid digital transformations and automations for coordinating technical working groups, tracking and managing equipment and commodities for medical oxygen use and facilitating linkages to care to improve uptake of medical oxygen. Support knowledge translation and management to guide evidence informed decisions for strengthening medical oxygen availability, access, coverage and uptake for COVID-19 response in Nigeria Perform other related duties for program management as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Scoping review of existing literature on medical care/oxygen use Stakeholder engagement and resource mapping for medical oxygen Oxygen use tracking system and hospital equipment management system Report on coordination of medical oxygen use technical working group and communities of practice Facility level oxygen system plans Report on training of health care workers Monthly reporting based on ARPA guidance A final project report summarizing results.
Expertise and Complexity:
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis. Use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities. Be accurate, complete and meticulous in record keeping and documentation English written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills. Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products. Familiarity with
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering or any other Engineering field with 3 years experience in managing medical oxygen infrastructures.
- Strong inter-personal, problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrable good standing with Department of Hospital Services at the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Demonstrable skills in procurement and supply chain management of medical oxygen infrastructure.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Usual office working conditions
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|