Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) is needed at FHI 360
JOB TITLE: Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services)
Job Code: 2020200747
LOCATION: Gamboru Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of integrated medical services at the LGA level.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and nutrition in humanitarian programs.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around integrated health program.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in the communities
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa communications
- Ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to facility
- Ability and willingness to stay at Local Government Area (LGA) at the field
- Well-developed computer skills.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|