JOB TITLE: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
Requisition ID: 2021202182
JOB LOCATION: Kano, Kaduna or Jigawa
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Advisor: M&E PLANE
- The newly awarded project Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) is a project funded by the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), formerly known as the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
- PLANE is a 7 year project (2020-2027) that strengthens education systems to improve foundational skills in reading and math for children in the primary grades.
- PLANE’s focal states are Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, with limited interventions in other parts of Nigeria.
- PLANE Output 1 focuses on development of teaching and learning materials; teacher training, school leadership and community mobilization, and improved assessments.
- FHI 360 is seeking M&E Technical Officers based in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa to support monitoring and evaluation of PLANE Output 1 activities.
- The TO, M&E is responsible for implementing PLANE M&E activities in the state. M&E activities will focus on education outputs and outcomes for the primary grades.
- The TO, M&E will track progress made towards meeting program/contract results, indicators, and targets, including impacts on access, retention, reading and math outcomes, community engagement, gender, and disability-inclusive measures, ensuring that they are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
- S/he will liaise with the M&E Technical Advisor (based in Abuja) to ensure that M&E activities are aligned to the overall M&E design.
- S/he will collaborate with the MEL team to collect and analyze data, and will share data regularly with the state team for analysis and action.
- S/he may be responsible for sharing data with stakeholders for their understanding and action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities of Output 1, including baseline and endline assessments, data cleaning and analysis, updates to project dashboards, and dissemination of data and research.
- Supports training of enumerators for data collection activities
- Supports the Assessment Technical Working Group, providing guidance to stakeholders from SUBEBs, MoEs, LGEAs, and schools to improve the assessment and monitoring systems in the target states and foster sustainability of PLANE interventions.
- Maintains strong ongoing relationships with key stakeholders and development partners and leads annual data sharing events.
- Supports staff and stakeholders to develop improved continuous and summative assessments at the school level.
- Builds capacity for tablet-based monitoring by School Support Officers from the LGEAs.
- Support the visualization and use of data through dashboards at multiple levels of the education system. Supports LGEAs and SUBEBs to effectively use data for decision-making.
- Works closely with the technical team leads to utilize monitoring tools and conduct field monitoring
- Reports to the M&E Technical Advisor to ensure that M&E activities are aligned to project plans, and collaborates with other M&E officers as required
- Collaborates closely with state-based teams to ensure that data is utilized for decision-making within the project
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Science, Information Technology, Economics, or other relevant discipline with at least 3 – 5 years of experience related to Monitoring, Evaluating, and Reporting on Education or social-sector programs required,
- Experience in implementation of M&E systems for international development projects.
- Experience with literacy and mathematics assessments preferred
- Familiarity with tablet-based monitoring and data dashboards preferred;
- Proficiency with relevant software (ODK, Tangerine, Excel, Kobo) preferred
- Experience in training enumerators preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program staff and partners
- Fluency in English.
- Strong contextual understanding of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
|Job Category||Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor|