Uniterm Nigeria Limited is recruiting candidates for a Third Engineer.
JOB TITLE: Third Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Rivers
- Understudy the Second Engineer.
- Have understanding and comply with all relevant sections of the Company’s policies and Management System.
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery and equipment for which the
- Engineering Department has responsibility.
- Diligently carry out, in a safe and efficient manner, any task which has been directed by a Senior Officer.
- Assist with overhaul, maintenance and survey work as directed by a Senior Officer.
- Ensure that any information they enter in the ER log, maintenance records, water condition logs and other records, shall be accurate.
- Will notify the Second Engineer of spare gear and consumable requirements as applicable.
- Keep the First Engineer fully informed as to the progress of any work which they have undertaken.
- Shall inform the Second Engineer of any defects or problems in his allocated area of responsibility.
- Complete comprehensive hand-over notes encompassing work carried out that may affect the relieving Engineer.
- Review the Safety Notices, Marine Circular Correspondence files and the Offshore Management
- System Amendment files in the current version of the Offshore Management System CD Rom, upon joining and re-joining the vessel.
- Any other duties assigned by the first Engineer.
Minimum Marine Qualifications & Experience
The Senior or sole Engine Room (ECR) Watchkeeper should have:
- Second Engineer – III/3 or III/2, OOW – III/1 – STCW95.
- An adequate knowledge and experience with the relevant class of vessel in accordance with Section 5 of the IMCA document, “The training and experience of key DP personnel”.
Additional Training Requirements:
- As per Marine Master Training Matrix
Others Additional Qualification and Experience
- Proven experience and results-oriented career and/or B Eng. or Degree equivalents in appropriate engineering subject, unlimited as per STCW Reg.AIII2 and Reg. A. 111/2 respectively;
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc. in any Science / Engineering Related field.
- Candidate must have the relevant mandatories (STCW, TBOSIET, HUET, GMDSS, OSP and All other relevant Documents for positions applied for).
- Valid IWCF/Well cap certification, Supervisory level is an added advantage.
- At least 7-15 years of Experience any the field being applied for.
- Member of a Professional Body is an added advantage
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Valid International Passport.
- Possess basic critical rig equipment training.
- Demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) and all other Supporting Documents/Certifications to: [email protected] with the job title as the subject.
|Job Category||Engineering / Technical|
|Deadline||30th March, 2020.|