Translator (Portuguese A, French C, English C) is needed at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) – 4 Openings
JOB TITLE: Translator (Portuguese A, French C, English C)
Slot: 4 Openings
Institution: Ecowas Commission
Department: General Administration And Conference
Directorate: Conference & Protocol
Division: Language Coordination
Line Supervisor: Language Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the Language Coordinator, the incumbent shall be responsible for translating, from Portuguese and English into French, a wide variety of texts documents for ECOWAS conferences and meetings, working papers, scientific articles, speeches, programme statements, web materials, reports, correspondences.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Translation from an accredited/recognized University.
- 7 years of experience in translation and revision (at least 2 of which should have been revision experience), and use of relevant computer software, electronic tools and databases;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills; highest standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the style and nuances of the original text;
- Familiarity with computer-assisted translation tools, machine translation tools and on-screen editing tools.
- A master’s degree in Translation will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||13th September, 2020.|