Higher Ground International Schools (HGIS) is recruiting candidates for a Tutor (For Various Subjects – Secondary School).
JOB TITLE: Tutor (For Various Subjects – Secondary School)
JOB LOCATION: Abia
- Helps to implement the organization’s vision, in the Secondary school section by exhibiting high level of punctuality, competence, and good morals.
- Be more committed in delivering world class learning programs in line with British-Nigerian curriculum, by rendering a more detailed classroom work, field exhibition , practical session, mentorship programs and where necessary, extra mural class programs..
- May be required to take other roles as class teacher, form master/mistress, house master/mistress, Agric master/mistress and etc all geared towards a providing a holistic learning and mentorship coverage.
- Should have a minimum of B.A, B.Ed., B.Sc. in relevant Arts, Sciences or humanities courses. Post graduate teaching experience and/or M. A, M.Ed. or M.Sc. is an added advantage.
- Ability to handle at least two subjects either at junior/senior levels or one for each is an added advantage but not a Must
- Effectively teach subject(s) as assigned by the Principal and / or School Administrator
- Accesses students’ performance through continuous assessments and examinations
- Must be computer literate and excellent in word processing
- Ensures that students abide by the rules and regulations of the school
- Contributes his/her quota towards the growth and development of the school
- Receives complaints from parents and channel it to the appropriate quarters
- Provide needed support as form teacher for assigned class
- Where applicable, provides guidance and counseling support to students
- Conduct daily assessment and fill up dossier for assigned class.
- Handle any other duty and positions as assigned by the Principal and / or School Administrator.
- Should have a minimum of B.A, B.Ed., and B.Sc. in relevant Arts, Sciences or humanities courses.
- M.A, M.Ed. or M.Sc and/or previous teaching experience would be added advantage.
- Must be disciplined, of good character, passionate about students, fluent in English, ready to mold lives and take up for the challenging roles of a growing school in line with the vision of the founder/CEO.
- Computer literacy and excellent in word processing is a must.
|Job Category||Education / Teaching / Training|
|Deadline||30th May, 2020.|