UN Dispensary Physician is needed at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE: UN Dispensary Physician
Job ID: 31570
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility of extension
Practice Area – Job Family: HIV and Health – PHYSICIAN
- UN field personnel are exposed to various health and security hazards that may result in disease; psychological trauma and life-threatening injuries. Dedicated, effective primary health, occupational health and emergency medical services may mitigate negative outcomes of trauma, injuries and health complications providing better chances for saving lives as well as for faster and better recovery.
- The UN Clinic Physician, is part of the UN common services of the UN country team in (duty station) and administered by UNDP.
- The UN Clinic Physician will attend to the UN Clinic on a full time basis and provide medical services to staff members and their dependents. In addition, he/she will facilitate for medical evacuations and cooperate with headquarter offices on all related matters and ensures consistent delivery of high quality medical services to the UNCT.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in Medicine from an accredited University and currently licensed to practice within home country or other national jurisdiction;
- Valid certification in Advanced Trauma Life support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Or Prehospital trauma life support is required;
- Certification in HIV care or VCCT is desirable.
- At least five (5) years progressive experience and practice in general medicine in developing countries or countries in conflict, of which at least one year should be in Trauma and Emergency care and two years in Internal Medicine;
- Surgical, ICU, aeromedical or anesthetic experience is an advantage; Experience in Tropical Medicine, Occupational health experience is an asset
- Previous UN medical system/international medical experience is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is expected.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||26th July, 2020.|