UN Dispensary Physician is needed at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
JOB TITLE UN Dispensary Physician
Job ID: 29851
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: HIV and Health – Emergency Response
Vacancy Type: TA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 06 months
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic and its significant spread in Nigeria has brought about this urgent need for Physicians to work with the Dispensary Physician at the Isolation facility which has been operative for some days now.
- These temporary positions are located in the Department of Management and field missions, including those UN Clinics administered by UNDP. At Headquarters, the Medical Officer reports to the Medical Director, Medical Services Division and usually in the field to the UN Health Manager when applicable.
- In the field has a functional reporting relationship to the UN Medical Director, DHMOSH, OHRM, and in those UN Clinics administered by UNDP with the UNDP Resident Representatives. In some duty stations, Medical Officers may also head up small field medical service facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Medical Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Undertakes day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies, stabilization of critical patients, etc,
- Overall supervision, management, coordination clinical operations of the Fever Clinic, Isolation ward, etc, during the outbreak/pandemic.
- Follow up and tracking of the positive cases and direct contacts,
- Undertake day-to-day occupational health duties: pre-placement and periodic medical examinations prepare UN staff for travelling providing immunizations, malaria prophylaxis, travel kits, etc; unless otherwise advice by the UN Health Manager
- Refers staff to outside specialists as necessary;
- Follows-up with outside specialists;
- Provides health education and health promotion programs, with special emphasis to the prophylaxis of the relevant diseases of the outbreak;
- Organizes/Participates in addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Doctorate (MD) or equivalent in Medicine, including residency / internship in one of the medical specialties, preferably Internal Medicine, ICU, or Family Medicine with relevant experience in emergency room or ICU.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible clinical experience in one of the areas of medicine.
- UN field experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in humanitarian crisis and infectious diseases is highly desirable.
- Proven experience of a minimum of six month at an Intensive Care Unit in the past 5 years is highly desirable.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
|Job Category||NGO / Community Services|
|Deadline||5th April, 2020.|